Missing teeth can make you uncomfortable with your smile and decrease your self-confidence, but their effects can also reach far beyond your mental or emotional health. Not only can missing teeth cause your cheeks to become saggy and hollow, but they can also have serious effects on your gums and jaw bone. Without a root to stimulate bone growth in the jaw, it may deteriorate and crumble over time, changing the shape of your face. This weakens the neighboring teeth and they may collapse.
Dental implants can fix these issues, replacing the tooth root and saving your jaw, face, and confidence.
What Fixes Are Available?
Dental implants are used to replace missing teeth, and give you a natural-looking, healthy smile. The implant is placed directly into the jawbone and over time, the implant connects with the bone and stimulates it to keep generating. Implants have many benefits that Dr. Assing’s patients benefit from, including:
· Convenience: implants never need to be removed and function as natural teeth would.
· Durability: when placed correctly and cared for, implants can last a lifetime.
· Improved oral health and self-esteem: you feel better about the way you look and it’s much easier to care for healthy teeth.
· Improved speech: while many patients turn to dentures when all the teeth are missing, implants may be more beneficial because they improve comfort, speech, and make eating easier.
· Bone regeneration: dentures do not stimulate the jawbone to grow, but implants do, and are often preferred by patients who want to protect their face shape.
Give Us a Call
Whether you have one missing tooth or five, schedule an appointment with prosthodontist Dr. Assing at our office in Brandon, FL today to learn more about how we can help you get your confidence back. We offer a natural-looking, brighter smile for you to enjoy as you celebrate the beauty that is spring.
Currently rated by 0 people